Time for another power rankings update.
- San Antonio Spurs– It will take a mini-collapse for them to be knocked off of this spot. Everytime they suffer a bad loss (being blown out in Miami) they come back with an impressive win (a win over Dallas).
- Chicago Bulls– Right now, with the way Boston has been playing, it seems pretty obvious and clear that Chicago is easily the best team in the East. Two straight blowouts, one being in Atlanta,
- Los Angeles Lakers– They’ve been the best team in the league since the break, going 12-1 with some really impressive wins. Bynum is playing his best basketball since the start of the 2008 season before he got hurt for the year.
- Dallas Mavericks- I feel that this team has more overall talent from 1-12 than any other team in the league. They have defensive post players and wings as well as offensive post players and wings. They have big time scoring off the bench and a guy that I feel should be the leading candidate for the MVP (even though he won’t win it).
- Boston Celtics– Yikes. They’ve been playing really poor lately with some god awful losses to the Clippers, Nets, and the Rockets (which was a blow out). They are still hurt, but at this point you have to wonder if either O’Neal is going to actually be fully healthy to give them what they need come playoff time.