Time for another pointless list. Man these are fun.
- Los Angeles Lakers– They’ve clearly been the best team since the all-star and have made up enough ground on the Spurs that I can feel ok with moving them to the top spot. Not only that, but they’ve beaten some pretty stiff competition since the break while only losing one game.
- Chicago Bulls– They’ve easily been the second best team since the break and have also made up enough ground on the Spurs that I feel ok with doing this. Right now, you have to think they are the favorites in the East with the way they play defense. They are head and shoulders above the rest of the league on a nightly basis in that area.
- San Antonio Spurs– I said last week that it would take a mini-collapse for them to drop. Well, say hello to the 5 game losing streak/mini-collapse. Some of those games were w/o Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli. Personally, I’m not concerned about this team at all, but lately they simply haven’t been as good as the Lakers. Not so sure that holds up in the playoffs though.
- Dallas Mavericks– Ugly loss to the Lakers last night. They had a shot to put themselves in consideration for the top spot..but yikes.
- Boston Celtics– They got a much needed big win over San Antonio last night, but good lord have they been playing poor lately. Rondo is finally back to form but you have to wonder if this team is ever going to get a healthy Shaq back. People are pointing to the Perkins trade being the problem, but when you look at the games offense has been the problem, not defense. Not only that, Perkins barely played for this team this season when they got off to such a hot start. His absence wasn’t a problem then….No, the problem is missing Shaq. This team is just different OFFENSIVELY with Shaq on the court.