Time for yet again another fantastically pointless power rankings. This will be the last one. Probably. Who knows.
- Chicago Bulls– Well the Lakers run lasted all of one week. The Bulls have now been the most consistent team since the All-Star break and are my odds on favorite to get out of the East at this point.
- San Antonio Spurs– So after their mini-collapse put them behind the Lakers, the Lakers followed up with a mini-collapse of their own putting the Spurs so far ahead in the West that I can’t possibly put another Western Conference team ahead of them. The West, by the way, is wide open. More on that later.
- Los Angeles Lakers– Well, they were right there making a charge for the number 1 seed in the Western Conference..and then they decided they didn’t want it apparently. They lost four in a row including some really, really poor showings (like the Portland game) where they gave little to no effort. I’m not sure if this team has what it takes to win a 7 game series in San Anontio.
- Oklahoma City Thunder– They’ve had some really nice wins as of late and have made up serious ground on the rest of the West. They are one game behind Dallas for that 3rd seed and are looking better and better defensively with Perkins in there. Honestly, if I had to pick a team to come out of the West right now, this might be it.
- Boston Celtics– It’s a toss-up right now between they and the Heat. Neither have been playing good ball for the last couple of weeks. Both have had some absolutely atrocious losses. How bad does the Boston loss to Charlotte at home look right now? They win that game, and they pretty much have the third seed locked up. On the flip side, how bad does that Miami loss to the Bucks at home look right now? I give the edge to Boston because of the 3-0 season series lead. The winner of tommorow’s game will ultimately get the 3rd seed however.